Paperback or Kindle on Amazon.com

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Children's book - "Blueberry Plant and Rose Bush: Two Flower-Friends in China"

 Paperback      Kindle


    In March 2015, I accepted a position as an English instructor at Jiangxi University of Finance and Economics in Nanchang, China. In Fall 2016, I received a gift from a local family with whom I am still in contact on a weekly basis. I am back in the U.S., but we still keep in touch by WeChat.  They gave me a blueberry plant for Christmas as a thank-you for being so kind to their three children. I kept that plant for the winter. Afterward, I had it alongside a single rose bush in the courtyard area where the foreign teachers’ apartments were located on the campus.

I took it upon myself to water all the plants alongside the blueberry because I couldn’t bear to see them wilt and die. Before I left to go home in June 2017, I made a place for both the blueberry plant and the rose bush next to each other. I felt that they had grown together as friends and deserved the companionship in my memory and their effort. It taught me something about reaching out for a friend’s help when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment